Stonebridge Property Group is pleased to present for sale Woolworths Torquay Central, a once in a generation opportunity to acquire a freestanding Woolworths Supermarket, with significant future development upside. Situated on the corner of Bristol Road and Walker Street, Torquay Victoria, this is arguably the most prestigious “daily needs” investment asset of 2020 to come to market.
We detail several key investment highlights below:
- A once in a generation Woolworths leased freestanding supermarket investment opportunity being the embodiment of a highly secure, daily needs investment
- Rare NET lease structure to Woolworths including BWS liquor (2,980 GLA*)
- The most substantial and strategic Commercial 1 Zoned landholding in the tightly held coastal enclave of Torquay (7,331sqm*) providing significant scope for future mixed-use development given the undercapitalised at grade car parking and value enhancement opportunity
- The positioning is further enhanced given the central location of the site, being opposite Taylor Park and 300 metres* from Torquay Beach
- Highly convenient at-grade car parking with 127 spaces and access from four (4) street frontages
- Profitable store evidenced by a low occupancy cost ratio (under 3%) and growing supermarket turnover
- Woolworths recently invested over $5 million of capital works into the store, identifying their confidence and commitment to the location
- Torquay is a major coastal hub being the gateway to the Great Ocean Road in the Surf Coast Shire. An affluent location that is experiencing some of the highest levels of tourism and population growth in Australia, being an ideal location for “sea-change” residents which will be significantly accelerated as the working from home trend increases
- Net income of $916,029 per annum
Woolworths Torquay Central is for sale by Expressions of Interest (EOI) closing 5pm AEDT Thursday the 3rd of December 2020.
To obtain further information or to arrange an inspection, please contact our exclusive selling agents.